Saturday, June 14, 2008

Show & Tell: On the Walls in Paris

I'm a newbie to Show and Tell, but there's no time like the present. So, here's my first installment.

Parisians love their animals, perhaps more than their children. I saw some of the most well-behaved dogs in Paris that I have ever seen - all off the leash, but completely under control. The children should have been so well-trained! I found this love of animals in the street art and posters. Here are two of my faves:


I love this jaunty little spray-painted kitty. He even has little paw pads! I just think it's wonderful. So kitty-esque.


I imagine this kitty is thinking, dude, I am so going to kill you when you put me down. That tongue? I'm licking my chops for dinner of YOU. And the pooch, so cute. I think the translation is: Come Adopt! Doors Open All Day May 17 - 18.
___________________________________________________________________

In other news, I was distressed - but not surprised - to see that G_____ has an adoption pending (and it's not with us. We haven't even heard from the matchmaker yet). The important thing is he is getting a good forever home. Our dog will come!

4 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I don't even LIKE cats, but I do like that first print.

Hope you're doing all right about G.

Sam said...

What a lovely spray painted kitty - it's quite amazing really what can be done with patterns - after all there is no definitive outline to that kitty, but we still see it!

JuliaS said...

I'm sorry about G.

Thank you for sharing and congrats on your first Show and Tell!

Phoebe said...

When I was last in France a few years ago, I surprised to see that they allowed people to bring their dogs to dinner in a restaurant! I love the French!