Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh My G__________!

The hubby and I visited the in-laws this weekend, and while we were there I diligently checked e-mail and voice mail just in case we heard from the Dog People. Nada. This afternoon, Sweets and I were laying in bed (fully clothed people, get your minds out of the gutter!) and the phone rang. I assumed it was the in-laws calling to find out if we had gotten home, but I could tell immediately that it wasn't.

It was the Dog People.

And, that which I had lost all hope of happening, has worked out. G_______ has been matched to us!!!! Holy crapoly! Turns out, our matchmaker is kind of new to this matching thing and while she had put us in for G_________, she kind of forgot to tell us. So, the fact that he is listed as "adoption pending" is absolutely correct - our adoption pending!!!

Next step is hear from G's foster mom and go and visit the little man. If there is 'mush love' (their term) then, we get to take him home with us!

I seriously had begun to not believe in happy endings, but this definitely made me think twice.

8 comments:

JellyBelly said...

i'm so excited for you!!!! i can't wait to see photos of G_____!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You got The Call!!

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pix of the little one.

luna said...

congrats! I also can't wait to see pics. you must have been so upset thinking he was matched with someone else!

Erin said...

OMG! I am SO happy for you. I can't wait to meet your new doggie! Isn't it amazing that the dog you wanted is the one matched with you? Woo Hoo!

FarmWife said...

You know, when you posted about his adoption pending my first thought was, "I wonder if it's with Mrs.X & they haven't been informed yet..." Just wishful thinking, but I was THRILLED to find out it was true!!

Denise said...

How exciting!

Heather Clisby said...

Congrats on the new family member! Can't wait to see pix!

Shinejil said...

Hip hip hooray! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures with Pooch X.