Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Par Avion

The deed is done. The die has been cast. With a few clicks and keystrokes, we made our reservations for Paris in May. We'll be flying Air France (damn cheap, too) straight to Charles de Gaulle airport.

I have to confess, though, that I'm having a hard time mustering excitement about it right now. Frankly, I'm having a hard time mustering any type of excitement right now about anything, so this is probably not surprising. But, you would think I would feel some sense of accomplishment that we've taken that solid step.

Or maybe, I get a bigger kick out of talking about going to Paris ("Oh yes, darling, we're going to Paris for the spring. Do call when we get back.") than making the mundane travel plans. Or, maybe, as with everything in my life these days, I'm just not letting myself get excited until I'm on the way.

Either way, I will start brushing up on my French ("Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir?") and pondering how high up I will be able to go.

Je m'appelle Mrs. X. Parlez-vous français?

3 comments:

Shinejil said...

I wonder if the excitement will kick in once you've landed and are enveloped in the distracting sights, sounds, and smells of the city of lights. Until then, enjoy the fabulousness of excusing yourself from various commitments due to your Parisian plans.

I'm jealous: I'd love to get back to Europe. I long to see Krakow, personally, and wander around in the Alps.

Ms Heathen said...

I'm sure that, as the trip draws closer, your excitement will begin to mount. In the meantime, enjoy turning everyone green with envy at your plans!

JellyBelly said...

i "found myself" in paris. it's the most beautiful city in the entire world. if you want any pointers for good restaurants/shopping/places to hang out that tourists don't know about just ask. L:)