Saturday, April 26, 2008

Say What?

Since Sweetie and I met on the Internet, language has always been important. We are constantly making each other laugh in part because we both have such twisted senses of humor. Here are some examples.

Friday Afternoon at Lunch

We tried out a new burger joint near Maison d'X that has been open for some while but we hadn't tried. From the street, it appears to be a large warehouse, but in the back is a huge porch and further out is a field for the kiddies to run around. Friday afternoon there were quite a few people and quite a few kids playing kickball, etc.

I watched the kids for a while and turned to Sweetie with this observation: "It's like a dog park for kids! They are off the leash and just get to run around until they get tired!"

Saturday afternoon

I finally spent my gift card from Nordstrom's on stuff for Paris. I needed a good pair of shoes for walking but not my natty tennis shoes. I'm going for the more Euro look so that I don't look like a complete American McDonald's-eating-Bud-swilling tourist. I found some great Pumas that I managed to get for 10% off since they were the display models and had some marks on them.

I show them to the man and he says, "The look very froggy." As in French. I guess I accomplished what I had set out to do.

Who knows what either of will say next. It's not even Sunday yet.

4 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

C'est what?

I am so jealous of your trip. I will try not to hold it against you.

Mrs.X said...

Lori - you give me a dilemma. Go to Paris and risk your everlasting grudge or not go to Paris and remain in your good graces.

I'm afraid I'm still going to have to go to Paris. Sorry.

FarmWife said...

I LOVE the dog park analogy. Living in my house is often like living in a kennel. The growling, biting, fighting, noise, peeing on the rug....

I am also jealous of your trip...and new shoes. But I will not hold it against you, as long as you promise to think of me fondly while overseas. (That's as close as I'll ever get to Paris.)

JellyBelly said...

if you want any paris tips just send me an e-mail -- i know a lot of good places to shop and eat. i can't wait for our trip to france in july. it's one of the few things getting me through to the end of the school year!